What is a service?
A service is what you're offering your clients to book with you. This guide will take you through how to create a service. You can see more about how services can be grouped into categories in this guide.
How to create a service
- Hover over the your business tab
- Select services from the drop-down menu
- Click create service.
Add the details of the service
- Give the service a comprehensive name
- Select a category or click create new
- Set the duration and price to be offered for the service (see more about offering multiple durations for one service)
- Set the permissions of the service (see more about permissions here)
- Select the resources that can perform the service
- Select any assets which that service requires (see more about assets)
- Select the payment required for that service (see more about taking payments)
- Click save service.
Add any additional details
Advanced settings can be expanded by clicking show advanced settings:
- Give the service a description - this will appear on your business microsite(s)
- Set the occupancy of the service - this is the maximum number of participants who can participate in this service at one time
- Turn on online group booking if you wish remaining spaces in this booking to be available for others to book into (find more about online group booking here)
- Set the maximum number of participants which should be added in one online transaction
- Set buffer time before and after this service (find out more about buffers)
- Apply a custom schedule to set the days, times and dates on which this service should be bookable.
Top tip: if you have multiple, similar services, you can create a copy of a service by clicking the icon on the right of any service on the services management page.
How to re-arrange your services
To set the order in which your services and categories should display in your online booking tools, you can drag-and-drop them in your services management page.
- Flip the drag-and-drop slider to change it to green
- Click and hold the three lines on the left of the service or category
- Drag the service or category and drop it where you want it to be positioned.
- When you're finished, be sure to flip the drag-and-drop slider to change it back to pink.
Using this tool, you can also drag services between categories.