To add a one-off block to a resource's calendar
- Select the time interval in the calendar
- Click Add blocked time
- Change the duration
- Confirm the date and time and click Next
- Add a Label (this will be displayed on the calendar)
- Add notes to this break if required
- Click Create.
To add one or more days off to a resource's calendar
If you know that you are not going to take bookings for a specific amount of time (for example 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc.) block your resources calendar. This solution is recommended to accounts with a limited number or resources, as days off are added to each of resources' calendar.
- Hover over your business and select resources
- Click edit working hours next to the appropriate resource
- Go to the bottom left of the working hours page to find days off
- Select the date on which the resource should not be bookable
- Click add day off
- Repeat for multiple days off.
To block one or more days to a service availability
It might happen that you have more resources than services and you prefer to block your service availability, rather than resources availability. Custom schedule feature enables you to block specific amount of time in a service availability (for example 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc.).
To create a service schedule:
- Hover over Your business and click Services to go to the service management page
- Click the pencil icon to edit an existing service or click Add service to create a new one
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings
- Under Bookable times, click Custom schedule
- Ignore the days of the week and click SPECIFIC DATES
- Select the specific date and time at which the service is available
- Click the orange arrow to bring the date and time across
- Repeat to add all the available dates and times
- Click Save and close
To block multiple days through your synced external calendar
Note: In order to block multiple days through your external calendar, ensure that it is successfully synced.
Creating an event in your synced external calendar ensures that your availability is blocked in Appointedd so you cannot be booked.
Appointedd integrates with iCloud, Google, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, and Office 365 calendars.
Blocking the time in your synced external calendar, or creating Out of Office event will block synced resource time respectively.