By using Appointedd, you can control the number of people visiting your store by creating bookable time slots with a maximum occupancy level. For example, you may wish to allow 5 customers in your store every 30 minutes to ensure a group of 5 can browse your store in good time and adhere to social distancing regulation.
You may not wish to have groups arriving in-store at once. In which case, you can easily allow customers in one at a time with brief crossovers, to maximize your capacity. You can do this by adding another resource.
For group entries: how to set maximum occupancy levels on your services
- Go to your business>services>add service.
- Give your service a name, e.g Visit our store.
- Fill in all the additional details and click on advanced settings.
- Increase the occupancy to represent how many customers you wish to have in store at one point in time per staff member.
- Set the group booking to open so multiple parties can book in at the same time.
- Set the online booking limit to represent how many individuals each party can book in at one time.
- Fill in any additional service details and save.
- Find out more on how to create a service and creating a group booking.
For single entries: how to create a new resource to manage capacity levels
- To create a resource, go to the your business>resources>add resource.
- Enter the resource's details, add a photo and even assign a colour
- Assign the relevant services to the resource
- Select working hours and add in recurring breaks. For example, if you would like one customer to book in at 9am for a 30-minute visit, but the second customer to arrive at 9.15am for a 30-minute visit, the recurring break you require is 9:00am - 9.15am. You can keep adding these breaks to ensure throughout the day, one customer arrives every 15-minutes and leaves every 30.
- Make sure to click save changes
- Remember: your services should still have the occupancy level set to one if you are adding another resource.
Top tip: you can find out what your customers would like to do in-store by asking a booking question. Learn more about booking questions here.