What is a microsite?
A microsite is a standalone web page that allows you to take online bookings, display reviews from your customers, describe your business, and display photos. When you sign up to Appointedd, we give you your own, customizable microsite.
How to use a microsite
Microsites are automatically generated for you and can be used if you don't have your own website or if you want to keep bookings separate from your website.
- Link the microsite to your facebook page
- Link the URL in your email signature so clients can book in with you easily
- Each one of your resources also has their own microsite so they can distribute this around their own clients. You'll find details of this below.
You can go to your microsite under the booking tools tab.
How to edit the URL of your microsite
Your microsite URL is generated for you from your business name when you create your account.
Your microsite URL can be edited only one time.
To edit your microsite URL, go to your microsite settings by hovering over the booking tools tab and clicking microsite settings, then next to your microsite URL, click edit. If you don't see the edit option, it means the URL has already been changed so cannot be changed again.
How to edit the design of your microsite
You can edit your microsite design from your microsite settings.
- Choose whether to allow reviews and show offers,
- Select a theme for your microsite. The theme that you choose affects the font on your microsite and the shape of the buttons,
- You can also choose to apply your own colors to whichever theme you choose. Just click set colors and choose the color or enter the hex codes. Remember to save,
- If you choose to display your business details, you can select which details you want to display. Flip the ON/OFF slider to display your business name, images, contact details, map and opening times.
The opening hours displayed on your microsite can be edited under the your business tab, click opening hours. Be sure to save your changes.
How to edit the content of your microsite
The business description, contact information, photos and the banner image on your microsite can be edited from your business profile, under the your business tab.
How to create a microsite for each of your resources
When you add a resource to Appointedd (find more information on resources here), their individual microsite is automatically generated. This microsite follows your business microsite settings and will display the resource's name, profile image (check our this guide) and the resource's description.
This microsite can be used if you would like customers to be able to book with that resource directly and you can find the link to any resource's microsite from that resource's profile. Go to the your business tab then click resources, open the required resource then click microsite.
For example, your resource Sarah can send her own customers to her resource microsite. This will just show Sarah’s services and availability so her customers book directly with her.
You can also create booking apps to embed on your own website which are limited to a specific resource, this booking app guide takes you through it.
Viewing your microsite in a different language
Your microsite will be presented to your customer in the language of their browser.
Only the automatically generated text will be translated. The text you have entered will remain the same.
Customers can toggle the language using the globe in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.