With Appointedd, you can take the information that you need from your customer before the booking is made. The information can be taken in the form of custom questions and custom fields for bookings made internally or externally. For more information on custom questions, check out this guide.
What are custom fields?
A custom field is created to store and collect information about the customer. This information can be collected from the customer as text or as a date selected from a calendar:
This might be the customer's membership number, their date of birth, or the breed of their dog(s).
How to create a custom field
You can create custom fields by going to the Your business tab and clicking CRM.
Here, you can see all of your existing custom fields and add new ones:
- Click + Add custom field
- Select whether the answer to this custom field should be given in Text or Date format
- Enter the name of the field
- The Field ID will automatically populate from the field name that you entered
Note: the Field ID is used when importing customers to your CRM.
- Select whether or not this field should be Required
- Select whether or not this field should be hidden externally (so not displayed when bookings are made via your online booking tools)
- Click Save field.
Where are custom fields stored?
The information taken via a custom field is saved in the customer's record in your CRM. You can view a customer's information by going to the customer's record under the Customers tab. Use the search function on the right hand side to locate a customer record.
Alternatively, you can quickly view a customer's information by clicking on the customer's name in a booking: