We chose Stripe to take payments for bookings for a number of reasons:
- Stripe focuses on providing a platform for small businesses, offering simple, competitive rates and accepting a variety of major credit and debit cards
- Stripe is PCI and SSL compliant and your customer details are sent straight from your booking tool to Stripe's secure servers
- Stripe is easy for you to set up in just a few minutes
- You can review vital information and reports in the comprehensive Stripe dashboard
- Stripe offers a clean, unintrusive user experience; the customer is not taken out of the Appointedd booking tools when they make a payment, making the whole process intuitive and seamless
- Stripe also offers an unbranded checkout, reducing distraction or confusion for the customer.
For compliance reasons, businesses in the US need to provide some additional information to sign up to Stripe. You'll find details of the required information here.
To set up Stripe and start taking payments and deposits for your bookings, follow this guide.