Emails sent to the business
When bookings are made externally, the business is notified by email. These are sent to the business email address and other email addresses added in the business profile (under the business name on the top left).
The business is not notified if a booking is made internally (at app.appointedd.com or through the Appointedd mobile app).
Additionally, individual resources can be notified when a new booking is made for that resource. You'll find a full guide to setting these up here.
Emails sent to the customer
In Appointedd, you can see all communications sent to your customer in their customer record. To investigate why a customer didn't receive an email from you, the first thing to check is whether the email in question is recorded in the communications tab of the customer's record. Find this by going to the customers tab, locating the customer and clicking the communications tab.
If the email is recorded in the customer record
If the email is recorded in the communications tab of the customer record, it was triggered to send from Appointedd. A few things to check:
- Is the customer's email address correct? On entering the email address, there could have been a typo - we’re only human!
- Is your send-from email address valid? A valid email address is in the format: firstname.lastname@example.org - you can find your send-from email address in your business profile under your business name. Public domains such as @btinternet.com and @yahoo.com do not allow spoofing so emails are likely to be undelivered, if your send-from address uses one of those domains we would advise using a different email address.
- Does your send-from email support impersonation? Certain email providers do not allow Appointedd to send emails on their behalf. Providers known to have issues are Yahoo, iCloud, and AOL so we recommend using Outlook or Gmail. Find your send-from email address in your business profile or if you set a different send-from email address per reminder/follow-up, you'll find them here.
- Is the email in the customer's trash, archived or deleted folder? It could have been accidentally scrapped!
- Is the email in the customer's spam/junk folder? Some email inboxes also categorise emails e.g. focused, other and promotions so make sure to check these folders.
If the email has been filtered into your junk or another folder, assign it to your ‘trusted’ email list, or to a different folder, or mark it as not spam. You can find out how to do this, and why the email was marked as spam, for Gmail here and for Outlook here.
If the email is not recorded in the customer record
If the email is not recorded in the communications tab of the customer record, the message was not triggered to send from Appointedd.
- Do you have this type of email switched on in your settings? Check out this guide to sending confirmations and reminders.
- Does the customer record have an email address and is it valid? If there is no email address, an email cannot be sent. A valid email address is in the format: email@example.com.
If you've been through the steps above and still don't know why the email wasn't received, it could be that the email has been rejected by the recipient email inbox provider. In this unlikely event, please come to us through the in-app messenger with the following information:
- Send-from email address
- Recipient email address
- Date and time the email should have sent
- Booking reference number.