Online booking questions can be answered by text, checkbox, or dropdown. You can also ask customers to agree to your terms and conditions before completing their booking.
You can create as many questions as you like and set whether they should be made mandatory to complete. When you create a question, you can decide for which service(s) they should be asked for.
How to add a question
Hover over your bookings tools tab and click on online booking settings. Scroll down to the booking questions section.
- Click add a question
- Select the type of answer you require - text, checkbox, dropdown, or terms and conditions
- Enter the question, or for terms and conditions, enter the URL in the question field
- For dropdown type, add in the answer options
- Set whether an answer to this question should be required
- Select whether this question should be asked for bookings made externally (by the customer online), bookings made internally (by your staff at app.appointedd.com) or all bookings
- If the question should be asked for each of your services, select all services
- If the question should be asked for a specific service or multiple services, select the relevant services
- Click save changes
How to find answers to the questions
Answers to questions are stored alongside the booking itself
- Click onto the booking in your calendar
- Click view next to "questions"
- To find them in your CRM suite, click on the customer name on the booking
- Click customer page
- Head to the "bookings" tab and click "view bookings" to access the answers there also
How to re-order booking questions
You can set the order in which you wish your questions to be displayed. To change the order, just click the three lines on the left of a question and drag it up or down.
Top tip ⭐️
If you're asking questions for "bookings made externally" or "all bookings", we suggest turning off the notes step of your online booking process. By default, this step is already off. Learn more about notes here.