What are resources?
A resource is the person or thing whose time is being booked, so they can be staff members, rooms, equipment... whatever it is that you are booking the time of. Often resources will be the people providing the service. For example, in a salon the resources would be the stylists, as it is their time that the customer is reserving. But resources can be a range of things! In a coworking space the resources will be rooms or desk spaces, in a football club it would be the pitches.
NB If there are other requirements for a service to take place e.g. a piece of equipment, these can be listed as assets.
How to create a resource
- To create a resource, go to the your business tab and click resources
- Click add resource
- Enter the resource's details, add a photo and even assign their favourite colour
- Assign the relevant services to this resource
- Make sure to click to save changes
- Your new resource will now appear in your Appointedd calendar!
How to delete a resource
- To delete a resource, go to the your business tab and click resources
- Click view info next to the resource
- Click delete resource
- Click confirm.
Resource working hours
For each of your resources, you can set the times at which they are available to be booked. Find out more about resource working hours.
Resources can be grouped to allow you to manage your different teams, locations, types of resources etc. By grouping resources, you can offer different booking tools for each of your resource groups. Find out more about grouping your resources.
If you want your customers to be able to select which resource will perform their service, you can offer them this option when they are booking.
You can also allow your customer to choose the resource group which they would like to book with.
You can edit both of these options in your settings:
- Hove over the booking tools tab
- Select online booking settings from the drop-down menu
- Turn resource selection and group selection settings on/off.